Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Friend Doug and I are going to write a book

Two guys now more then fifty years old have spent a lifetime apart physically, but another lifetime connected emotionally deeply rooted by a high school friendship borne in their hometown of Westfield, New York. They laugh when joking about the fact everything they needed in life they learned in Westfield, their ground zero. Lured by its small town comfort, simple beauty, the field, family and pages of stories and stories, that formed the very foundation they have leaned on all this time, until now.

Thirty years after they saw each other the last time, they reunite in Atlanta which between the two of them and their families is the 15th place they have lived. an amazing journey not uncommon but an adventure that has shaped their lives and the people around them.

Once reconnected its like nothing has changed - a lifetime of living and experiences hasn’t affected their friendship it has only given them more share with themselves, their families and others around them.

Neither of us are sure where this is going to take us. There are no boundaries. In the little bit I have written, I've found the road to be very emotional. I came from a large Italian-Austrian family with lots of aunts and uncles and cousins, many of whom I'm still in touch with. After a lifetime of living away from my memories, Doug (my best friend in high school) and I have circled back together. The bond has remained strong and our stories are so vivid we have laughed endlessly remembering our young exploits. Much of the time we spent together since seeing each other again has been on the phone. Not as much fun as being together and sharing our thoughts with the rest of the family but just as important to reach out when our homes, families and work keep life busy. And thats where the challenge comes in. Writing and talking have borught us back together and have linked our families forever. I'm excited about learning from my friend, and listening to how his life changed since leaving Westfield.

Its 2008. Happy New Year. This year will be the best yet!

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Precisely why I had my epiphany: wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon…